Saturday, July 26, 2008

Wow... Africa! A message from Jeff P.

Thanks so much, Kathy, for sending this on to us!

----------------
Subject: Wow... Africa
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008

Hey Mom, Dad, and Michael,

First of all God is AMAZING! Second of all, his Kenya people are amazing! Landing in Nairobi Saturday night and the first day in Nairobi at a church and Havila was really cool because being here in Africa is something I had dreamed about for two years, so its so incredibly great that I am really truly here!!!

Well today we had to say goodbye to our close friends in Segera and the Endona Primary School. Alex, Frances, Joseph, Ibraham, Daniel, and Simon (who is this little boy who reminds me of Isaack and he never let go of my hand ad wanted me to hold him and he just smiled and smiled!) are all some guys that I have become friends with.

The week has been indescribable. Pouring concrete, busting rocks, shoving and mixing it all, and playing with kids is probably one of the coolest experiences of my life. There are so many problems in this country but we have seen tremendous hope in these people and in our experiences. My heart has been broken by the poor here, but hope exists because of Jesus, and that has made this whole trip AWEsome! seriously, I have been in awe a lot here! haha

I have so many stories, so many pictures, (only about 200 left for the safari tomorrow haha), and a bracelet given to me by Alex, (it was his that he had made, and worn for a while, but he wanted me to have it. :) anyways, I am looking forward to seeing you again!!! wish you were here!

Naku penda sana! (I love you very much!) -Jeff

No comments: