Monday, July 21, 2008

Should be in Segera

I know many are checking this blog hoping for and update and I'm sorry I cannot give you one. When Aaron and I spoke about this blog before they left, he told me that once they left Nairobi, they would most likely not have internet or reception. So, I continue to hope but I don't really expect much communication at this point. I will continue to post the daily devotionals and if anything comes through, I will post it as soon as I get it so keep checking back when you get the chance. And if anyone hears from them and would like me to share it with the readers, you can contact the church office at 979.285.2022 and they will get you in touch with me.

According to the itinerary, the team should be in Segera now. They should be visiting the school about now and loving on some beautiful children. They will head to Sportsmans Arms Hotel to settle in for the next several days.

How exciting! Can you imagine the faces of the children when they begin to pass out all of those shoes? I'm not sure if they were to do that today or later in the week but I can just visualize the sights and sounds and probably the shedding of a few joyous tears as that happens.

Pray today that the children and the people of Segera welcome them and understand that our team is there with the purest of motives and to simply share God's hope and love through serving them. And of course, pray for safety, health, rest, and an extra portion of energy and strength for the team.

No comments: