Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Message from Jennifer C

Here's the scoop from Jenn- (I got this today-Wednesday)

She really loves it there....still.

She is really tired.

Her relationship with her new friend, Bakita (a massai woman) seems to be growing."Today was a hard day emotionally. I have made a friend (rafiki) named Bakita. She is massai and I cannot really talk to her but we communicate. It is funny. She has 5 children and she has been helping us carry rocks and dirt."

She is realizing the extent of the poverty level where they are. Today a woman came to her and handed her an infant and asked Jenn to please take him to America with her. Needless to say Jenn seems very broken today. In her words "This is really a sad day."

I'm sure the level of fatigue and reality of the state of life there is taking it's toll on everyone. I just know my wife well, and I can tell her heart is broken for the people she is with.

She said "The massai just walk up and give you a kiss...these people are beautiful."

Jason

No comments: