Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Update from Segera - Aaron S.

Email from Aaron to the team.

---------------------
Hey Guys,

I hope all of you are got a great night's rest last night. The journey home is never easy, but it sure is good to sleep in your own bed again. Holly and I have had fun playing with Ethan. I feel like he's grown since we've been gone.

I got a phone call from the 410 bridge this morning. As you all know, Pappy has been very sick for the last few months and last night God took him home. Since the first time I heard about Pappy's story, I have greatly admired him. I only met him once, but I got this sense that I was encountering a great man of faith. We experienced part of his legacy last week.

From what I know, he had a general understanding of what our team was doing and died a happy man. He was very hopeful for what our partnership might accomplish in the future. Our trip was very well received by both the community and Segera Mission.

Today, I believe Pappy rejoices with our Father in Heaven. "Well done good and faithful servant."

I love all yall. It was a pleasure serving beside you and I eagerly look forward to what God has for BPF in Kenya.

Aaron

No comments: