Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Home, safe and sound!

BPF's first Kenya team is home safe and sound! There was definitely a BPF party at the airport last night! The team was obviously tired, it was about 3am for them when they arrived, but happy to see loved ones waiting for them. The reunion was indeed incredible. Plans are probably already in the works for next year's trip.

Pictures and stories will continue to be posted on the blog as they come in. Anyone from the team that would like to share something on this blog, feel free to contact me through the church office at 979.285.2022.

So check back every once in a while to see if there's anything new or if you just want to reminisce. It's been a great journey and thank you again to all who participated in making this blog and this trip a success.

Continue to pray for the team as they process all that God has done in them and what they might need to do or change from this point on. Also, pray for Segera to continue what was started and for their HOPE to grow.

Be sure to come up to the church on Friday, August 8th at 7PM for the "Kenya party"!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea, thank you so much for your precious heart and the time and talent it took to continue to update this blog. This has been the first time that I have been able to sit and read through everything.

I so enjoyed being able to develop my relationship with Tori. She is such an amazing young woman. It seems like both of our families are alot alike so our sense of 'humor' clicked. I worried about her heart as she (and many others) brought those children deep into their hearts. I so wished that I could take the hurt that I knew would be coming when we left from her, but I also knew that God would use that pain to comtinue to develop her into the precious Tori that we all love. God has and will continue to use her in amazing ways!

I think it will take me days to process all that we saw and did. The team blended as a unit right away, but especially so as soon as the first work day at the school. Everyone worked hard when and where ever they were needed along side the members of the community. There was never a idle moment, even during work 'down-times' team members played with the kids (that was work in itself as many will confirm - the kids had tremendous energy!).

For some of us who have been blessed to be a part of other mission teams it was hard to figure out our 'place' in the team and where our 'gifts' were to be used. For the majority of the team it was an immediate bond and a 'well-oiled' machine!

Thanks again, sweet friend, for being a part of our team back home (and for covering for me at work! I will miss you).

Love ya, Laurie

Andrea said...

I'm sure I speak for all of the parents whose kids went without them when I say "thank you" for caring for them when we couldn't. I knew they were in goods hands!