Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Phone call from Tori

I, Andrea, received a phone call from my daughter, Tori, just a few minutes ago. It was great to hear her voice but a difficult phone call with the time delay. She couldn't talk long because the battery was low on the phone she was using. Kirk Willson, BPF's Executive Pastor, was with her and said he was trying to send a picture but the internet was extremely slow so it might not make it. I'm filling in this week for the administrative duties since he and Laurie G. are both on the trip so he also asked how everything was going at the office. I guess he still thinks he can run things even from across the ocean! :)

Here's the rundown from my conversation with Tori. Did I mention how good it was to hear her voice? It's amazing to me how good it is to hear the voice of someone you love.

She's doing well
She's exhausted
She's working hard "playing with the kids is hard work"
Best part - everything
Worst part - the food but she is eating
She's not ready to come home just yet

It was about 10pm there so she was going to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yayyy i know you are so glad to hear her voice :) Thanks so much for doing this Andrea!!

Andrea said...

My pleasure!! I've enjoyed it.

Willson's Family Blog said...

I too got a phoe call from Kirk yesterday. I tear up every time I think about it. I practically ripped the phone out of my daughter's hand to have contact with him...He sounded sooooooooo tired and exhausted, but very content and happy. He said the food wasn't nearly as bad as he expected and that was the least of his worries. He said they are working VERY hard...He said the children at the orphange put on a show for them. He said Kyle was tired, but was eating as well.

I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that they are in Africa...The picture takes my breath away...My heart hurts to look at it, but in a good way. They are going to come home with a whole new realm of experience and understanding that I can only imagine. They will have a connection with each other that I can only envy and hope to have one day. Jamie and I will be sort of "left behind" again....We can only know what they are willing and able to convey to us. It was so good to hear his voice...I can't wait until he and Kyle are home...I miss them alot!