Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Update from Paul G.

Email from Paul G. to the team.


--------------------
Jambo!

Habari yaku?

Thanks Aaron for the note and just wanted to echo that it was a great pleasure serving on this awesome team!

When reading about Pappy, one of my thoughts was - that possibly he was holding on to see that we came - to help carry on what he had built up, so that it could continue to grow as he had envisioned! Could it be?

Zach & I have been sleeping since last night, with getting up only twice to grab a quick bite and then back to bed. After I post this note I will be heading back to bed for the night, with hopes to be fully rested by tomorrow morning!

I just wanted to say that when I was asked to head up the cement project I wasn't sure of how that would go if I excepted to do it, due to not knowing anything about the project up front prior to arriving at Segera, which was the case, except for a note that was handed to me on the plane from London to Nairobi with room dimensions and a statement that tools would be on site for the project and that there would be a person there that would instruct us on how to mix the sand, rock, & cement portions. I willingly excepted this position a month prior to heading to Segera, trusting God to work out the details. God worked it all out! My role as a project leader did not have to be met, due to God providing several leaders amongst us! From James (who showed us how to mix the cement on the ground) to Francis (who leveled the cement in the classrooms) to all of you that stepped up to the plate and served with your God given gifts! Truly each and everyone on the team served with leadership qualities in the areas that you served and I feel very blessed to have been a part of this team!

Asante sana!

P.S. Zach just sauntered by heading to watch sports in the living room, maybe he's coming back to the land of living!

YFIC,

Paul

No comments: