Sunday, June 27, 2010

Updates from a GREAT Sunday!

From Ronnie Whitehead:

Today was an awesome day. The team split into 6 groups to attend 6 different church services. I preached at Faith Chapel and took Susan, Chase, Dominique, Marissa, and Ashley with me. They were so gracious and love God deeply. The highlight of my day was being able to prayer with a young Kenyan woman to receive Christ. So much to share, but the line for computers is long. Please continue to pray for us. Its hot, dusty and tiring. Thank you for your prayers.

From Kelsie Hundl:

What a great experience so far! Our welcome at the primary school was incredibly humbling. The children are precious. They rub their little faces on your hands. Their smiles go from ear to ear. After church this morning, I had a conversation with a boy about to graduate from highschool. He wanted to know about college in the States and how I chose my career. His first thought was to go into electrical engineering but he wanted to make sure he made the right decision between the sciences and humanities. It was awesome to hear of his aspirations and desire to help the people outside of his small community. He told me to remember him when he makes his first trip to the US!

From Fonda Hundl:

It has been a great day today. Our group split up into 6 different churches to day. The Hundl Family, Jen Armstrong, & Kiristin Henderson all went to one church. Tom (preached) spoke. We sang songs in Swahili and English. I cried as usualy when we sang our songs. Kristin lead our music. ...All the pews (benches) were filled. We had about 35 people in church. We had an interpreter. Callan found her "baby" from 2 years ago. He was in our church on the first row. She picked him up and hugged him. I cried. He was 6 months old the first time they met 2 years ago and carried him on her back most of the time they were together. The look on her face when she saw him was priceless. It has been a wonderful trip so far. I'm going global.

From Gayle Stein:

Today was amazing.....we worshipped in an Independent Penecostal Church of Africa....nothing like anything I'd ever experienced before....and Mark Monical brought the message of being true to GOD....no matter what! This afternoon was spent in worship at an open air crusade....Our God is doing tremendous work in Kenya!

WOW! Please continue to pray for our team!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What you are all doing is inspiring. Keep all the posts coming. I think "Fonda Global" has a nice ring to it. My prayers are with you, but I think what you are all doing is more helpful to those of us reading your updates.