Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Must Read!

From Aaron Sanders:

I am extremely proud of our team this week. Our group is serving in so many different ways. We have school educators partnering with nurses to assess the needs of mentally and physically handicapped individuals. Small Group Leaders teaching Kenyan pastors about grace, forgiveness, and financial peace. Teenagers and adults working side by side with the community to dig water trenches and a pump house building. And a whole crew of of gentle and patient Christ-followers expressing God's love to some of the world's most impoverished children.

Leading a large team like this is sometimes difficult, but our team's Christ-like attitude and boundless energy have made for a powerful combination. I love watching God expand our team's perspective as they serve alongside our Kenyan brothers and sisters. The community here has much to teach us about the value of cooperation within the body of Christ.

My favorite moment of the day though was getting to see our sponsor child, Sengenoi. Holly and I have been sponsoring her for the last couple of years. She has struggled with a badly infected foot and even came to the U.S. for treatment last October. After staying at our home for a week, Holly and I felt a tremendous bond with her. If we could, we would adopt her today. At our reunion today, Sengenoi was a bit shy at first, but then warmed up when we showed her some video of Ethan and Ella. She is such a cool kid, but there are tons of really cool kids here that need sponsors. I hope you'll all consider sponsoring a child here through Brightpoint for Children. Kids are available in both the Endana Primary School and the Secondary School. The small amount of money we send every month really does make a difference. It is worth the sacrifice to give kids like Sengenoi a brighter future. Go to Brightpoint to learn more.

From Holly Sanders:

God moment #1: I was sitting in a circle with preschoolers playing duck, duck, goose. One of the girls pointed out the dust on my leg. She spit in her hands, rubbed them together, and washed my leg. Her legs were covered in dirt, but she wanted to wash mine. I get chills just writing it. She cared enough about me to wash the dirt off. How beautiful! God moment #2: Hugging Sengenoi today for the first time in a long time. Leaving here there with her foot in bad condition was so hard! I just want to rescue her...take her home and take care of her. My heart beats for the people of Kenya!"


Also, I talked to Kirk this morning through our office messenger.
Below is some of our conversation.

From Kirk Willson:

We've been working on rebuilding a pump house by the river. We will put the roof on it tomorrow. Endana will have clean water soon!
It's hard work but good. I'm working with James who I have worked with the last two years. Carpentry work is fun!
Great team. Everyone is getting along great and doing great. The pastors conference is going good also. It's been a great trip.
Not sure if you heard but the government has run electricity out to the school. They will be wiring and hooking up the school very soon. Clean water and electricity will move this community way down the road!

Praise God!

From Gayle Stein:

"Hey! Today was amanzing (how many times have you heard that recently)! We went to the mission this afternoon & I was going to hand deliver a letter to Dianane Lewis' sponsored child. As it turned out, the child wasn't at the mission, but at Jerusalem, about 2 km away....I had her letter & then one from Kathy Peters because they both lived in the same area.....I actually got to hand the letters to the two little girls outside their huts....AMAZING... Oh yes, Nick Rimato came with me because he didn't want me to go by myself....He is a great young man! Anyway....it was totally awesome! God is so good....and doing awesome things in Kenya!"

Keep Praying!!

No comments: