Thursday, June 24, 2010

Pre-trip Team Devotional Thursday

Two former team members, Chantel and Tony have prepared these short pre-trip guides to help prepare the team spiritually for what God has in store. Please take the time this week to sit with God and listen and pray for the Kenya 2010 team to be prepared to experience all that God has for them. This is intended for the team but who knows, perhaps God has something for you as well.

------
Will You Use Your Gifts?
Romans 12:6


“We have different gifts, according to the grace given us”. No one has all the gifts. No one person can do it all. The Bible often compares our gifts to parts of the human body. Everyone has a part, and the body is not complete without all the parts functioning together. God wants to use your gift to benefit the whole body.

The team that you are a part of is going to Kenya as a part of the body of Christ. Pray that God will make your gift clear and give you every opportunity to use it for His Kingdom.

But I also challenge you to be flexible. The Apostle Paul says in I Corinthians 9:20-22:

“To the Jews I became a Jew to win Jews.
To those under the law I became under the law
to win those under the law.

To those outside the law I became outside the law
to win those outside the law.
To the weak I became weak to win the weak

I have become all things to all men in order that
by all means I might win some.”

Paul knew the value of being flexible, yet at the same time knew he couldn’t win them all. God will use your gifts and abilities on this trip. There are things that only you can do. There are things that only you can share. There are people that only you can reach. But it all starts with your availability.

Prayer:

Lord, help me put aside anything in my life that might hinder my availability. Make us one body, with every team member open to what you have prepared beforehand for us to do. Give us harmony and love for each other so we can show Your love to others. Amen.

No comments: